Rice - 1 cup
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Soak rice in 1 1/2 cup of water for 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile , heat oil in pressure cooker . Once hot, add mustard ,jeera and channa dal .Once it splutters , add chopped onion and curry leaves till tender .
3) Once , onion becomes tender add split chillies and chopped brinjals . Sprinkle little water and cover it for 5 minutes.
4) Add turmeric powder , ginger-garlic paste , garam masala and salt.
5) Finally add soaked rice with water .Pressue cook for 3 whistles . Mix them well before serving.
Serve hot with raitha or any kurma .
Sending this to Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here