Tried out this yummy snack for my friend , Preeti of Indian Kitchen as a treat for her virtual birthday party .
Raw rice - 1 cup
Thick and sour curd - 5-6 tbsp
Onions - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Chilli flakes - 2 tsps
Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Chopped coriander and curry leaves - few
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1. Wash the raw rice. Heat water in a kadai. Once it starts boiling, add rice to it. Cook for some 3-5 mins. Drain the water completely and allow to cool.
2. Grind the rice along with curd in a mixer to fine batter.
3. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger-garlic
paste and cumin seeds to it.Mix well with salt .
4. Keep aside for 5 mins. Heat oil in a heavy kadai. Make small balls of the batter .
5. Deep fry the balls till it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney .