I learnt this yummy recipe from my MIL , whose native is Rettaiyoorani , a small village in Rameshwaram District . My hubby's aunt stays there . The village have lots of Palm Trees , sea shore is just 4 km from their house . It have lot of Oorani (a small pond )-- gets water naturally from the ground .
Sundaikkai vathal --- 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 cup(pearl onions)
Coconut - 2 pieces
Tomato - 2 small
Jeera - 2 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Garlic cloves --3
Salt to taste
Tamarind -- a big lemon size
Kulambu milagai powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
For Masala :
Tomato - 1
Onion - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat oil in a pan . Add jeera,mustard .Once it splutters , add chopped onion,curry leaves and saute till transparent .
2) Meanwhile,soak tamarind for 10 minutes.
3) Add chopped tomato,garlic to onion and saute till it form a thick gravy .
4) Wash sundakkai vathal and then add to the mixture and saute for a minute.
5) Then add the grinded masala , tamarind extract , salt and powders . Lower the flame,cover with a lid and cook till the oil separates .
Serve hot with rice .Sending this to Grammathu Kaimanam hosted by me .
Dhanya shared me this cute award . Its my pleasure to have it.
Lakshmi , Padma and Dhanya has given me this lovely award. Thank you friends for thinking and you all made my day .
I would like to share these awards with
Enjoy and have more fun .
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
Happy again to guest host Know your Dairy - Milk of Jagruti . Rules to be followed : 1. Post any vegetarian /non-vegetarian rec...
INGREDIENTS : Red Chillies - 25 gms Coriander seeds - 15 gms Cumin seeds - 10 gms Black Pepper- 10 gms Biriyani Leaf- 3 Cloves ...