This is yet another andra special recipe learnt from my neighbour . My hubby and myself are loves to taste bittergourd in variety of flavours . I thank her for this delicious curry.
Bitter gourd ---- 4 medium sizes
Onion - 1
Coconut -- 4 pieces
Jaggery -- a small piece
Mustard - 1 tsp
Methi seeds - -1 tsp
Tamarind - a small piece
Salt to taste
Spicy sesame masala -- 2 tsps
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - -1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Chop the veggie and boil them with little salt and turmeric powder . Once half cooked , keep it aside.
2) Meanwhile , fry onion,tamarind and coconut pieces in a spoon of oil and grind them .
3) Then , heat a spoon of oil in a kadai . Once hot,add mustard and methi seeds . When it splutters ,add red chillies and curry leaves.
4) Add the veggie and saute for 2 minutes .
5) Add the ground paste with little water and allow it to boil.
6) Cook in a slow flame . Finally ,add jaggery to it and cook it the oil separates .
Serve hot with Rice .
Sending this to Yasmeen's Bitter Better Health Event .
Other entries are :
BITTERGOURD PEPPER FRY
METHI LEAVES FRITTERS
METHI LEAVES CURRY