HYDERABAD CHICKEN BIRIYANI
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Green Chillies - 4
Onion - 1 big
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon sticks - 6
Elachi - 4
Biriyani leaf - 3
Pudina - 1 fistful
Ginger - garlic paste -- 1 tsp
Chilli powder -- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Yogurt -- 1/4 cup
Lemon - 1
Chicken - 500 gms
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Marinate chicken with 1 tsp chilli powder , 1 tsp coriander powder , salt , 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste , 1 tsp garam masala powder and yogurt for 1 hour.
2) Cook rice with 1 1/2 cups of water and keep aside .While rice is being cooked , pressure cook chicken for 5-6 whistles and keep aside.
3) Heat ghee/butter in a heavy bottomed vessel , add chopped onion and green chillies and saute till tender and golden brown .Add salt so that it will not get burnt.
4) Add the spices,ginger-garlic paste,pudina and tomato and saute till skinny .
5) Add the chicken with all the other ingredients . Add a cup of water and cook in slow flame . Cook till the raw smell leaves .Don't allow the water to be fully drained . Gravy must me thick ,at the same time , must be good to get well mixed with rice.
6) Once done , switch off the flame . Serve a layer of Rice coated with a layer of chicken gravy , again coated with a layer of rice and Gravy .Garnish with Roasted cashews and lemon juice.
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
Happy again to guest host Know your Dairy - Milk of Jagruti . Rules to be followed : 1. Post any vegetarian /non-vegetarian rec...
INGREDIENTS : Red Chillies - 25 gms Coriander seeds - 15 gms Cumin seeds - 10 gms Black Pepper- 10 gms Biriyani Leaf- 3 Cloves ...