Palak leaves are rich in Vitamin A and Iron. It acts as a blood purifier . Palak dal is good to remove dryness of body and good for digestion . Moongdal will act as energy booster and will strengthen your bones .
Palak - 5 bunches
Garlic cloves - 5
Red Chillies - 3
Mustard - - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Pearl Onions - 8 nos
A Cup of Moong dal and Masoor dal
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook dal for 3-4 whistles with turmeric powder and a spoon of gingelly oil .
2) Heat oil in a kadai . Add Mustard , Jeera and Red Chillies . When it splutters , add chopped Garlic and Onion , saute till tender.
3) Add chopped palak leaves to it , sprinkle little water and cover with a lid .See to it , the leaves must be green .
4) Once , the leaves are cooked , add dal mixture to it without water and mix it well .
5) Add salt to it , cook till the mixture is thick without any water.
6) Finally , add a spoon of gingelly oil to it and mix it before removing from flame .
Serve hot with Rice or Roti .Sending this to Radhika Vasanth's and Sudeshna's Food for ailments and Old age
2) Preeti's Green Gourmet Event .
Other recipes for Green Gourmet :
Dal methi rice
Methi leaves Pachadi
Spinach mor curry
Methi leaves curry
Keerai Thandu poriyal