Spinach - 300 gas
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Biriyani masala - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 big sliced
Tomato - 1 big sliced
Cloves, Cinnamon sticks, Brinji leaves - few
Garam maasala - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To grind :
Ginger - a small piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 3
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1. Heat Ghee in a pressure pan or cooker. Once hot, saute cloves, cinnamon, bring leaves.
2. Then add sliced onion and saute till tender.
3. Then add tomato and saute till tender.
4. Add the grinder masala and saute till the raw smell leaves.
5. Meanwhile, coarsely blend the cleaned spinach and keep is aside.
6. Then, add the blended spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add Turmeric powder, Biriyani masala, garam masala and salt.
8. Once the raw smell leaves, add soaked rice to it and mix it well. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to leave and serve hot with Raitha.