Caster sugar: 1 cup
Cocoa powder: 1/3 cup
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp (2-4 pinches)
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp (1-3 pinches)
Whole milk: 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil: 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Boiling water: 1/2 cup
Instant coffee: 1/2 tsp (optional)
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
Evaporated milk: 250ml
Caster sugar: 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder: 1/4 cup
Self-raising flour: 1 tbsp
Butter (preferably salted): 40g
Methods to preparation:
1. Heat the evaporated milk, sugar, cocoa powder and flour in a pan on low heat.
2. Mix well to form a thick and lustrous mixture; now add the butter to keep up texture and mix well.
3. Keep aside to set cool.
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder with a fork if preferred or a whisk.
2. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and mix well well.
4. Make sure the mixture is well smooth and then add the lemon juice and mix it.
5. Prepare the baking pan and pour in the mixture.
6. Leave for about 35 minutes in a preheated oven (175 degrees Centigrade).
7. Once the cake seems to be ready, let down for about 20 minutes.
8. Divide the cake into 4 parts to stack each layer with frosting on each sliced layer. After done, drizzle all the remaining onto the cake.