Today, am sharing a yummy crispy healthy dosa. Children would definitely love it.
For Dosa batter:
Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
Red rice flour - 1/2 cup
Maida - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste.
For Vegetable mix:
Mixed vegetables - 1 cup
Tomato sauce - 2tbsps
Green chillies - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINUTES
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Mix all the ingredients for the batter in a vessel with sufficient water for 20 minutes. The Consistency should little watery without lumps.
2) Keeping it aside, boil mixed vegetables of your choice with little water, turmeric powder in a pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in slow flame.
3) Once the vegetable is cooked and water is drained out, add tomato sauce and chilli powder. Sauce it well to get thick gravy.
4) Once done, remove from the flame and mix it with the batter. Check for salt taste.
5) Now the batter is ready to make dosa. Heat dosa pan, once hot a spoon of oil and rub it off well with a sliced onion for even spreading of the batter. Hold the Tawa , take a ladle of the batter and start pouring the batter from a little height and spread it by slightly rotating the Tawa. Fill the large gaps with the batter. Spray a spoon of oil around the dosa. Cover with the lid for 2 minutes and then flip to its side. Once crispy, remove from the flame .
Ready to serve. Tastes good with any spicy chutney or thokku.