- Cauliflower florets - few
- Potato cubed - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1 sliced
- Peas -1/4 cup
- Tomato - 1
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Biriyani leaves
- Chilli powder - 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Green chillies - 2
- Rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal - 1/4 cup
- Red chillies -2
- Cloves, cinnamon - 2
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
1) Dry roast the moong dal in a pan till golden.
2) Soak rice for 15 minutes, drain the water .
Dry fry them in a pan and keep it aside.
3) Heat oil in a pan. Fry cubed potatoes and carrot till golden and keep them aside.
4) In the same oil, fry the cauliflower florets and keep them aside.
5) Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add red chillies, cloves, cinnamon, biriyani leaves and jeera.
5) When it splutters, add ginger paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Salt. Saute till the raw smell leaves.
6) Then, add the grated coconut and saute it well.
7) Then add the sliced tomato and cook till skinny.
8) Add the vegetables and mix it well with the masala.
9) Add Dal and rice and mix it well.
10) Add 3 cups of water, peas, green chillies. Cook for 2 whistles in a pressure pan. Allow the steam to leave and add ghee to it and mix it well.
Serve hot with Raitha.Sending this to Priya's Flavours of Bengal event , initially started by Nayna .
recipe source : bangalinet.com