Beans biriyani is a healthy choice of biriyani for children, tastes in a unique flavour.
- Beans ( Green Mong, Pinto beans, Cow peas, White Channa) - 1 cup
- Basmati Rice- 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Onion-1
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Bay leaves-2
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cloves, cinnamon - 2 each
- Kari masala powder - 1 tsp
- Kasturi methi - 2 tsps
Soak the beans over night. Wash it well draining the soaked water.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Heat a 3 tbsps of ghee in a pressure cooker. Add whole spice, saute for 2 minutes.
2) Add onion to it. Fry then till onion becomes transparent.
3) Then add tomato, green chillies, turmeric powder, Kasturi methi, Karimasala, chilli powder and salt. Saute till tender.
4) Add the grinded paste of Ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and kus kus and saute till the raw smell leaves.
5) Add 1 cup of water and mix it well. Bring it to boil. When it starts to boil, add the beans to it. Give up a quick stir.
6) Add rice to the mixture and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and handful of coriander leaves. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Turn off the flame.
Allow the steam to leave. Remove the lid and slowly mix it from the sides.
Serve hot with raitha or any spicy vegetable kurma.