Kadamba Sambar is prepared mostly in weddings with mixed vegetables and instant sambar powder. It is truly authentic and flavourful lentil stew.
Mixed Vegetables (Drumsmtick , Cauliflower, Carrot,Brinjal, Potato - 1 1/2 cups or as required)
Tomato - 1 ripen
Toor dal - 1 cup
Pearl Onions - 1 cup
Mustard , Jeera , Methi seeds - 1 tsp
Instant Grinded Sambar powder ( Dry roast Red chillies - 10, Coriander seeds, Jeera , Rice, Channa dal, grated coconut - 1tsp each)
Salt to taste
Hing ,Curry leaves , coriander leaves
Garlic cloves - 6
Tamarind - a small piece
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook dal with tomato, a spoon of oil and turmeric powder for 3-4 whistles.Meanwhile,soak tamarind in little water.
2) Heat oil . Add Mustard, Jeera, Methi seeds , once it splutters add chopped onion, garlic cloves and saute till tender. Add curry leaves and saute well.
3) Then vegetables along with 1/2 cup of water and cook till tender.
4) Once cooked, add cooked dal and tamarind juice to it with sufficient water.
5) Followed by adding grinded Sambar powder,hing and salt .Cover with a lid and allow to boil till the oil separates.Garnish it with coriander leaves .
Serve Hot with Rice.