Milk - 1 litre
Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cupCardamom - 3, crushed
Maida - 2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1. Boil the milk. When milk starts boiling, simmer to slow flame and add lemon juice little by little and stir lightly.
2. When milk starts curdling, swtich off the stove and let it stand for 2-3 minutes .Whey water becomes clear.
3. Strain with muslin cloth or thin plain cloth. Pour the curdled milk into it and squeeze out the excess water.
4. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes or until all water is drained away.
For paneer dough:
1. Once water has drained out, transfer it to a bowl. Add maida, baking powder and milk.
2. Knead the paneer for 10-15 minutes to a smooth dough.
For sugar syrup:
1. Heat a heavy pan, add sugar and water. Stir it continuously to dissolve the sugar of thick consistency.For jilebi:
1. Make small paneer balls and roll it into a long strand. Twist the ends of the rope to make a pretzel shape.
2. Heat oil and deep fry them in medium heat until golden brown. Immediately dunk into the warm sugar syrup. Let the jilebi stand in the sugar syrup for 3-4 hours.
3. Serve Garnished with crushed nuts.
Linking it up with SNC Challenge - June 2013 by Chandrani .
and Jagruti 's Outdoor Feast Event .
Linking it with Guru's Kids Special event,