Soya beans/Red kidney beans - 100 gms/1 cup
Onion - 1
Grated coconut paste - 3 tbsps
Red Chillies - 3
Mustard and Urat dal - 1 tsp each
Jeera powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook beans till soften .
2) Strain the water and keep aside .
3) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard and urat dal . When it splutters , add split chillies and chopped onion .Saute till tender .
4) Then , add the coconut paste with salt .Saute till the raw smell leaves.
5) Add soya beans , jeera powder and mix it up well .Remove from flame once thickened .Garnish with coriander leaves.
Linking it with Cooking with Seeds - Kidney beans at Culinary Vibes and Only event , Cooking with soya by preethi, initially started by Pari .
Serve with Curd rice .