Carrot Poriyal is one the commonly prepared poriyal in most of the households of Tamilnadu. Lunch menu of marriages will always include this poriyal.
- Carrot - 6 medium size
- Grated Coconut - 3 tbsps
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Green chillies - 3
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Moong dal - 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1. Peel the skin of carrots and chop them finely.
2) Heat oil in a kadai. Add Mustard, Jeera, Channa dal. Saute till the dal is roasted. Add Sliced onion and green chillies.
3) Add chopped carrot to it. Add little water and cover with a lid. Cook till it softens.
4) Once the carrot is softened, add grated coconut, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it well for 5 minutes.
5) Remove from the flame and serve hot with Rice.