- Methi leaves- 1 small bunch/ 1 cup
- Sambar onion-1 cup
- Garlic cloves-1/2 cup
- Tamarind-small lemon size
- Chilli Powder-3 tsp
- Dania powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp Mustard,Methi seeds,cumin seeds,Fennel seeds(Sombu)-1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- Jaggery a pinch
- Asafoetida .
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard,cumin seeds, dried red chillies, fennel seeds and methi seeds.
2) When it splutters,add garlic,onion. Saute till tender.
3) Then,add thick tamarind water, salt ,asafoetida ,chilli powder,dania powder,turmeric powder and fry till the raw smell goes.
4) Allow it to boil for 5 minutes. Let it thickens, add methi leaves, after 3 minutes remove from the flame. Squeeze a chopped tomato before removing from the flame.
Serve hot with rice,idli or dosa.