INGREDIENTS : Mint - 1 handful Orange pulp - 1 cup Honey - 1 tsp METHOD OF PREPARATION : 1) Blend mint and orange together well with little water. 2) Filter it and serve chilled with honey . Viji's Soul Food Show .
Celebrating my blog's 6th birthday !!! A very happy moment to celebrate with a refreshing juice . Blogging have given me lots of friends ...whom i adore a lot . Thank you all the dearies for your support .
We a group of few friends are enjoying our Potluck party in Jagruti bhabhi's place . Happy to enjoy Nupur's refreshing watermelon carrot juice . INGREDIENTS : Watermelon - few chunks deseeded. Orange - few pieces Mint -a handful Carrot - 1 Lemon juice - 2 tsps Sugar to taste METHOD OF PREPARATION : 1) Blend them well in a blender with sugar and strain the juice out. 2) Serve chilled. Jagruti's Potluck party
Rice - 1 cup Moong dal - 1/4 cup Milk - 1/4 cup Jaggery --i used 100gms
Sugarcane juice - 2 cups Cashews,Badam and elachi --few numbers
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil 1 cup of water and sugarcane juice in a pot . Once it starts boiling , add rice and dal. 2) Leave in medium flame and cover it with a lid. 3) Meanwhile dissolve jaggery in hot water and filter the impurities . 4) Once the water in rice is drained completely , add jaggery syrup and mix them well . 5 ) Leave it flame till it thickens . 6) Add milk before removing from the flame . Temper it with ghee roasted cashews,badam and elachi .
INGREDIENTS : Dried peas - 1 cup Finely chopped mango - 1/2 cup Finely chopped coconut - 1/2 cup Onion - 1 Salt to taste Grated carrot - 1/4 cup Curry leaves Mustard - 1 tsp Chilli powder - 1 tsp METHOD OF PREPARATION : 1) Soak peas overnight and pressure cook for 4 whistles . 2) Drain the water and keep aside. 3) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard ,when it splutters add onion and saute well . 4) Then , add chopped mango and coconut and saute for 3-4 minutes .Add few curry leaves. 5)Finally , add peas to it with salt and chilli powder .Mix it up well. Remove from flame and serve hot with grated carrot.
Mango Rice Kheer on a happy moment.....this is my 700 th post...
Cooked Rice - 1/2 cup Milk - 1/2 litre Sugar -- 4 tbsps Sugar candy / Kalkandu - - 1 handful Elachi - 3 Cashews and Raisins Blended mango - 1/4 cup METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil milk in a heavy bottomed vessel . Allow it to reduce to 3/4 of it .Allow it cool .Then , make milkshake well with mango,sugar and kalkandu. 2) Heat pan .Pour the mango milkshake to it 3) Add rice slowly and stir it well .Cook in slow flame . 4) Wait till milk thickens. 5) Once done , check for the payasam consistency and taste. 6) Garnish it with ghee fried cashews ,elachi and raisins. Linking it up with Show you style series -Mango by Viji .
INGREDIENTS : Dates- 1 cup Crushed nuts - 1/4 cup(Cashews,Almond , Pista) Sugar to taste Elachi - 2 Grated coconut - 1/4 cup Plain flour - 1 cup Oil METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Finely chop the dates . 2) Once done, heat a spoon of ghee in a pan . Saute dates and coconut for 2 minutes and add the crushed nuts.Add sugar. 3) Sprinkle little water and cover with a lid . Cook till the raw smell leaves . 4) Grind them a bit coarsely. 5) Meanwhile , knead soft dough of flour with oil . 6) Roll a small ball of flour . Place a small ball of dates in the centre and fold its corners to the centre. 7) Steam cook the momos in idli pan / microwave.
Roasted Semiya - 1 cup Sago - 1/4 cup Milk - 1/4 cup Sugar for taste Few cashews and Raisins Ghee - 1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil sago separately till cooked .Drain the remaining water . 2) Meanwile ,boil 1/4 cup of water , when it starts boiling add semiya to it . Cook till semiya is half cooked . Then add boiled milk with sugar and mix well .Followed by adding sago .
Boil it till it thickens. Continuous stirring is needed. 4) Once done,turn off the flame and leave aside. 5 ) Heat ghee in a pan.Add cashews and raisins.Fry for a minute and then mix them with kheer. Payasam is ready to serve. Few lovely awards from my friend , Viji .
For this month's SNC Challenge ,Hetal Acharya of Gujarati Zaika challenged south team with this tasty yummy khandvi.We loved it..thank you hetal for sharing us this delicious recipe.
INGREDIENTS: Besan flour - 1 cup Sour curd - 1/2 cup Water - 1 1/2 cups Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp Sugar - 1 tsp Salt to taste. For Tadka : Mustard seeds - 1 tspAsafoetida - 1/2 - 1 tsp Til - 1/2 tp Curry leaves - few Green chilly - 1 Red chilly - 1Coriander leaves and Grated coconut - 2 tsps for garnishing. METHOD OF PREPARATION : 1) Mix besan flour,curd,turmeric powder,salt,sugar and water well without lumps to a smooth batter .
2) Filter the batter if any lumps present using a strainer . 3) Heat a non stick pan and pour the batter to it, stir continuously for few minutes on slow flame till it becomes thick and raw smell of the batter leaves. 4) Spread spoon of the batter on a clean plate, wait for few seconds , roll it out ,the batter shouldn't be sticky to the plate . If fine ,then spread the whole batter to the plate and cut it off with a knife and then roll off. 5) Arrange it in a clean another plate . 6) Meanwhilte ,heat oil in a kadai .Once hot ,add mustard seeds, sesame seeds .When it splutters ,add asafoetida,chopped green chilly ,red chilly and curry leaves.. 7) Sprinkle the tadka over the rolls .Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.