2009/10/21

PAANI POORI





INGREDIENTS :

For Poori :

Rava - 1 cup
Maida - 1 cup

For Paani :

Mint and Coriander leaves --a handful
Chilli powder -- 1 tsp
Garam masala Powder - 1 tsp
Green chillies -3
Salt
Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsps

Grind mint and coriander leaves with green chillies and strain the pulp . To the filtered water , add chilli powder,garam masala,tamarind juice,lemon juice and salt.

For Masala :

Aloo/Potato -- 3
Chilli powder -- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder -- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

1) Pressure cook aloo for 6 whistles till it softens and keep aside .Mash them well with a ladle .
2) Heat kadai . Once hot , add aloo ,spice powders and salt with little water.
3) Mix them well till forms thick masala.

Serve poori with this masala stuffing , paani and chopped onion .

23 comments:

Menaga Sathia said...

woww my favourite...looks super!!

Priya Suresh said...

Cute pooris looks great...Yummy with all those masalas!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

this is my favourite. Nice and delicious

Tina said...

This is ma fav snack...thanku for sharing this.

Anupama said...

Ahaaa... I've so many different pani poori recipes to try now... thanks :-)

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Yummy poori for the tummy dear

Namitha said...

One of my fav snacks...Never tried making it at home..

Unknown said...

my favourite..

Nandinis food said...

Pani puri is my favourite snack! Gimme some! Looks appetizing!

Sailaja Damodaran said...

All time favorite....yummy chat

Recipeswap said...

yummy my fav snack!

Unknown said...

Amazing!!!Never tried at home..Thanks for sharing..

prasu said...

Wow.......making pani puri at home, good dear..........they look yummy and crisp.

Varsha Vipins said...

nice one dear..this happened to be my fav snack while I was in Pune..dahi puri too..yumm..:)

Savi-Ruchi said...

looks soo tempting Shama

Raks said...

Looks good,I have tried one or two times,but then feel lazy to make, but always enjoy at restaurants :)

vidhas said...

I love... this!! Feel like having right now!1

Padma said...

My fave snack... looks yummy :)

Vikis Kitchen said...

superb snack. I m drooling:)

pria said...

Hi, first time in here.
I love pani puris, one of my favs :)
u hav a grt blog, following u :)

my kitchen said...

yummy pani puri

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Yummy snack, looks delicious.

Laxmipriya said...

my hus fav.. looks nice.. :)

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)