Cauliflower florets and Potato cubed - 2 cups
Jeera - 2 tsps
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Green chillies - 3
Rice - 1 cup
Moong dal - 4 tbps
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Cook rice and moong dal for 2 whistles with 2 cups of water.Allow the steam to leave and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan . Once hot , add jeera , green chillies and biriyani leaves .
3) Then , add veggies and powders to it .
4) Fry with sufficient oil . Fry till the veggies are cooked well.
5) Once done , mix this with rice . Add ghee to it .
Serve hot with Raitha.Sending this to Priya's Flavours of Bengal event , initially started by Nayna .
recipe source : bangalinet.com