Uchipuli or Uchippuli is a small village in the Mandapam block of Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu, India. It is a major source of water supply for the Ramanathapuram town. It is a small beautiful village . This village is my inlaws birthplace .
It is situated in the Gulf of Mannar at the very tip of the Indian peninsula. According to legends, this is the place from where Lord Rama, built a bridge Ram Setu(also known as Adam's Bridge) across the sea to Lanka to rescue his consort Sita, from her abductor, Ravana. This is also the place where Rama worshipped Shiva to be absolved of the sin of killing Ravana, hence the name of Shiva, which became the name of the town - Rameswara ("lord of Rama"). Both the Vaishnavites and Shaivites visit this pilgrimage centre which is known as the Varanasi of the south.
The village is surrounded by paddy fields , coconut trees and sea is within 5 kms from it.(photo : hindu.com )
Coastal Air Force Station,Uchipuli : (photo : Google)
Indian Navy's INS Parindh, commissioned on 26 March 2009, is located at Uchipuli.(photo : Google)
In the aftermath of the Mumbai terror attacks which exposed the vulnerability of India's coastline, the Indian Navy has commissioned a naval air station at Uchipuli in Tamil Nadu, to monitor the waters in southern India, the Indian Navy announced.The Uchipili station have three Dornier aircraft and Chetak helicopters for the surveillance.
An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle squadron will soon be based at INS Parundu permanently, under the control of the Eastern Naval command. Source: Google
Here comes a yummy recipe from this village,leant this from my hubby aunty who stays in Uchipuli .
Chicken - 200g
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Chicken Masala-2 tsps
Ginger-Garlic paste-1 tsp
Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,curry leaves,finely chopped onion and fry them until onion is part-cooked.
2) Then add finely chopped tomato,fry them till tomato is fully mixed with onion to form thick gravy.
3) Add turmeric power,chicken masala and salt and mix them well.Wait till the raw smell of powers leave.
4) Then add well washed,cleaned and chopped liver to the gravy.Mix them well with the gravy.
5) Add little water to the mixture not more than half a cup.Cover the mixture with a lid.
6) Leave for 10-15 min till liver is cooked.
7) Add chopped coriander leaves before removing from the flame.
8)Turn off the flame. Serve hot with rotis,Idli's or dosa's.Sending this to Grammathu Kaimanam hosted by me .