Fish – 500 g
Ginger -Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Mango – 1
Onion (small) – 1 cup
Curry leaves,coriander leaves
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Jeera and Pepper powder - 1 tsp each
Mustard,Jeera,Methi seeds- 1/ 2 tsp (for tempering)
Salt to taste.
Fish Masala powder - 1 tsp(optional)
Grinded coconut paste - as u require for thickness.
Tomato - 1
Tomato - 1
Green chillies - 3
Marinante fish pieces with a spoon of turmeric powder,coriander powder,salt and little of lemon juice for minimum 20 minutes.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Heat oil in a kadai.Add Mustard seeds,Methi seeds and Jeera.When it splutters,add curry leaves.
2) Add add chopped onion and fry till tender.
3) Then add chopped mango.Fry them till mango becomes tender.
4) Then add grinded coconut paste and all the powders with little of water.Allow to boil till athe raw smaell leaves.Add salt.Allow it boil for 3 minutes.
5) Add fish to the mixture and boil them in slow flame.Add chopped tomato and slit green chillies before removing from flame.Cover with a lid.Turn off the flame when oil separates.Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot with rice
and Sharanya's Traditional Recipes Event :