ANDHRA TAMARIND CHUTNEY
This is one of my favourite andra recipe . I learnt this recipe from my neighbour .
I thank Mani Akka for teaching this yummy spicy chutney.
Raw Tamarind (Fresh ones ) - 500 gms
Crystal salt - as required
For Chutney :
Mustard - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 2
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida as required
Urat dal - 1 tsp
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Clean and wash the tamarind and remove the outer skin . Crush it to remove the seeds .
2) Then , stuff it with salt and store in an airtight container for 2 - 3 days .
3) This is done so that salt gets well in the tamarind .
4) While preparing for chutney , take a required amount of it (for persons around 100 gms) .
5) Grind tamarind with green chillies , chilli powder , turmeric powder and asafoetida with little water .
6) Meanwhile , heat oil in a pan . Once hot , add mustard , red chillies ,curry leaves , urat dal and channa dal . Saute it till channa dal gets roasted . Turn off the flame .
7) Add the grinded chutney to this tadka and mix it well . Transfer it to a separate dried bowl .
Serve hot with Rice / Dosa .
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
Happy again to guest host Know your Dairy - Milk of Jagruti . Rules to be followed : 1. Post any vegetarian /non-vegetarian rec...
INGREDIENTS : Red Chillies - 25 gms Coriander seeds - 15 gms Cumin seeds - 10 gms Black Pepper- 10 gms Biriyani Leaf- 3 Cloves ...