2008/11/27

SESAME OR TIL OR ELL CHUTNEY



INGREDIENTS :

Sesame (black) - 50 g
Coconut - 6-7 pieces
Red Chillies - 3-4
Garlic cloves - 5
Tamarind - a small piece
Salt to taste

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

1 ) Dry fry sesame separately till roasted not very much fried.Leave it aside.
2) Heat a spoon of gingelly oil,add other ingredients and fry them for 2 minutes.
3) Then, add fried sesame to the mixture and fry for 2 minutes.Allow it to cool.
4) Then grind them with little water.

Serve hot with dosa's or idlis.

9 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

This chutney is new to me! The recipe tells me just how good this has to taste. Thank you so much, Shama for the lovely recipe, and for sending this to FIC:)

Vikis Kitchen said...

Lovely chutney dear.
Thanks for reminding me Shama. Actually i have collected it and u can refer the same link for my comments.Also I think u need to scroll down my page and see the right..with my little knowledge on blogging, i have done it this way dear. Thanks for the fabulous award dear.

Gita Jaishankar said...

I have never tasted this before, very new to me, I should try this one :)

Unknown said...

NEw chutney,never tried it before.

Vibaas said...

Never heard of this before. Nice recipe.

Also, love your oats idli recipe too. yum yum.

Unknown said...

Nicee entry...

Srikitchen said...

look so good and delicious!

Malar Gandhi said...

Ellu chutney is a nice combo with dosa....sesame oil to go with it...brings up all the flavor.

Padhu Sankar said...

This sasame seed chutney is new to me.Nice way to include sesame in our diet .Thank you for sharing this recipe.Do visit padhuskitchen.blogspot.com

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)