A Yummy Fish curry for Divya's Space for her virtual birthday party .
Sankara fish / Red snapper /Nagarai - 6 fishes
Tamarind - 1 lemon size ball
Big onion - 1
Green chillies - 2 (slit)
Tomato - 1
Curry leaves - 1 handful
Red chilli powder - 3 tsps
Coriander powder - 2 tsps
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
FOR MASALA :
1. Ginger - 1 inch piece
2. Garlic pods - 4
3. Pearl onions - 10
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Wash fish pieces well and then marinate it with 1 tsp of red chilli powder and salt for 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile , heat gingelly oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish pieces in it for few minutes till half cooked. Once done remove from flame and set aside.
3) To the same oil for drying or with fresh tsps , add mustard seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and saute for a few seconds .
4) Add chopped onions, little salt and saute until it turns translucent.
5) Now add the slit green chillies and saute for a minute.
6) Add grinded paste and red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute well.
7) Then add 1/4 cup of water and stir well, cook on low flame until the raw smell leaves and oil separates.
8) Then add the tomato pieces and stir well cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
9) Followed by adding tamarind water and stir well.
10) Cover with a lid and cook the on high flame until it boils well.
11) Finally , add the fish pieces to it and cook for 5 minutes .Remove from the flame and serve hot with Rice.