Tamil Month 'Aadi' is a very special month for various forms of Goddess Durga .Every friday of this month is very auspicious for us .Last friday of aadi , we celebrate Varalakhmi Viratham . We generally prepare a sweet prasadams for Aadi Velli .
I prepared this yummy kheer for the first friday of this month .
Coconut milk - 1 1/2 cups thick
Jaggery syrup - 1 1/2 cups
Vermicilli - 1 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Roast vermicilli in a spoon of ghee for 2-3 minutes till golden.
2) Meanwhile , take thick coconut milk and prepare jaggery syrup without impurities.
3) Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and boil coconut milk .
4) When it starts boiling well , add roasted semiya to it and stir it up well .
5) Then , add jaggery syrup to it and mix it up well . Simmer to slow flame till done . Add few spoons of ghee before removing from the flame .Garnish with Almonds / Cashews.