Boiled rice - 1 cup
Raw rice - 1 cup
Urat dal - 1 handful
Karuppatti - 250 gms/Normal jaggery
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Make thick palm jaggery syrup .
2) Filter it and remove the impurities with a strainer once cooled.
3) Soak rice and dal for only 2 hours and grind it to a very smooth batter not so watery like for aappam.No fermentation needed.
4) Finally , mix palm jaggery syrup with the batter without any lumps.
5) Heat paniyaram pan . Spead a spoon of oil in each hollow of the pan . Then pour a small ladle of batter in the each hollows and cover with a lid .
6) Cook in slow flame , after 3-4 minutes flip it to the other side till done .
Serve hot .
Linking it up for Potluck party by Jagruti bhabhi .
Sowmya's Authentic Indian sweets
Kid's delight event initially started by srivalli .