CAPSICUM RICE :
Rice - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut - 1 1/2 tbsp
Urat dal -2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red chilies - 8
Few curry leaves
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts - 8-9
Cinnamon - 1
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Channa dal -2 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Take a frying pan and with 1 tsp oil in it. Fry the red chilies(6), Cinnamon, coriander(1/2 tsp), cumin seeds(1/2 tsp), urat dal and channa dal till the mixture turns brown. • Remove the pan and allow it to cool.
2) Grind and blend the mixture to make a fine powder.
3) Cook the rice till it is 3/4 cooked. Rinse the water and keep the rice aside for cooling. Add a tsp of oil to it.
4) Heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds, urat dal , channa dal, red chilies(2), curry leaves, cashew nuts and peanuts.
5) Fry the mixture till it starts fuming.
6) Add chopped capsicum and fry till it they become soft.
7) Then , add grated coconut and fry them till it turns light brown.
8) Finally,add cooked rice, turmeric and salt and fry them for few minutes until the rice becomes hot.
9) Add powdered masala and pour lemon juice. Mix it properly and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with raitha or any vegetable kurma.