2008/10/21

CAPSICUM RICE


INGREDIENTS:


  • Capsicums - 3 big
  • Rice - 1 cup
  • Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Cashewnuts - 8-9
  • Mint leaves
  • Salt to taste

To roast and powder :

  • Red chilies - 8
  • Coconut pieces - 4
  • Peanuts - 1 tbsp

METHOD OF PREPARATION :


1) Take a frying pan and with 1 tsp oil in it. Fry the red chilies, coconut pieces, peanuts. Remove the pan and allow it to cool.

2) Grind and blend the mixture to make a fine powder.

3) Cook the rice till it is 3/4 cooked. 

4) Heat oil in a pan , add sliced onion , capsicum, cashew nuts and saute till tender. 


5) Then , add the mint leaves and the grinded powder, mix it well with the mixture.


8) Finally,add cooked rice and mix it well. Cover with a lid and remove from the flame after 5 minutes. 


Serve hot with raitha or any vegetable kurma.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow... both looks yummy & deliicous... pongal is my hubby fav. ...

Uj said...

Capsicum rice looks yummy:)

Laavanya said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to yours. Ven pongal is always a favorite. Capsicum rice looks different to me but sounds equally yum.

ST said...

Capsicum rice looks very very delicious...Pongal is my husbands and my daughters favorite..Looks yumm

Yasmeen said...

Hello Hyderabadi! You've a cool blog:)
Its breakfast time here and Ven pongal with sambhar and chutney are making me hungry:). Capsicum rice is a delicious combo!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

I love the smell of capsicums when you say capsicum rice oh yaah I just love that idea...

Vijitha said...

Hi ya!
Thanks for visiting my blog.. I couldnt find my link in your awards list!! :-( was that the suprise u had mentioned!!

Capsicum rice looks so tempting....lovely easy recipe!

Usha said...

Both of these looks delicious :-)

anudivya said...

Love the pongal and the presentation with the little vadais. Very traditional and pretty.

Sujatha said...

My first time to your blog and loved your recipes.. I liked your dal coconut chapathi and have bookmarked.. Pongal looks very tempting..

Srivalli said...

Lovely dishes...thanks for sending them!

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)