Toor dal/Moong dal-1/2 cup
Wheat flour-1/2 kg or as per your requirement.
Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds(jeera)-3 tsps
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil dal with turmeric powder and 2 tsps of oil in pressure cooker for 7-8 whistles.check whether the dal is well cooked.
2) Heat oil in kadai.Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds.When it splutters,add finely chopped onion.Fry untill onion becomes transparent.
3) Add cooked,mashed dal to the mixture.Add salt to taste.Leave in medium flame for 5-10 mins.
4) Turn off the flame and wait for 10 mins untill it cools down.
5) Then transfer the mixture to a big bowl and add wheat flour to it .Add little water if needed.Make a thick dough.Dough should be stiff enough to roll without extra flour.
6) Make small dough balls,roll them to pooris.
7) Heat plenty of oil in a kadai until very hot. Put in a poori and immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball. This should take only a few seconds. Flip the poori over and cook the other side until golden brown.
Serve hot with curries or vegetable kurma.