Toor dal - 1 1/2 cup
Methi leaves-150 g
Sambar powder -3 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Wheat flour-as per required to make a proper dough for preparing chapathis.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil toor dal with turmeric powder and 2 tps of oil in pressure cooker for 7-8 whistles.Check whether dal is well cooked.
2) Meanwhile ,heat oil in a pan.Add Mustard seeds,cumin seeds.When it splutters,add finely chopped onion and fry them till onion becomes transparent.
3) Then add finely washed methi leaves and add only very little water(8-19 tbsps).Leave for 5-min untill methi leaves is fully cooked.
4) Then add cooked,mashed dal to the methi leaves mixture.Add Sambar powder and salt to taste.Cook for 10 minutes until raw smell of sambar powder goes.Turn off the flame.Leave this aside for 10 min,until it cools down.
5) After it gets cooled down,transfer the mixture to a big bowl and then add wheat flour to make a dough.Make small dough balls and roll them to form chapathis/parathas.
6) Preheat a cast-iron tawa over medium heat. Place the rolled dough on the palm of one hand and flip it over on to the tawa. When the color changes on the top and bubbles appear, turn it over. When both sides are done, use kitchen tongs (chimta) to remove the chapati from the skillet. Serve chapathi with chutneys or any vegetable kurma.