2008/11/14

CAPSICUM CURRY AND MASALA MURUNGAIKKAI/DRUMSTICK MASALA

Thank you my friends for passing me these sweet awards........it means a lot to me....feeling happy and thrilled to get these awards.

yasmeen of http://yasmeen-healthnut.blogspot.com/ , gita of http://gitaskitchen.blogspot.com/ ,Vidas of http://vidhas-jg.blogspot.com/and priya of http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/ has shared me this award.





I am glad to get these awards from my friends.I would like to share these awards with all my friends in the my link : http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-blogger-friends.html .

MASALA MURUNGAIKKAI :




INGREDIENTS:

Drumstick - 2
Onion - 7-8 nos(small)
Mustard,Urat dal,Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Grinded coconut -3 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

NOTE :

Instead of sambar powder,we can use Chillipowder - 1 1/2 tsp and coriander powder - 1/2 tsp.

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

1) Clean the drumstick and cut them into small pieces.Boil them in bowl covered with lid for 10 minutes.Then turn off the flame and drain the stock and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai.Once hot add mustard,jeera and urat dal.When it pops out,add curry leaves and chopped onion.Fry till onion is golden brown.
3)Add Sambar powder,salt,turmeric powder and coconut.Fry them with little of drained stock.
Wait till they form thick gravy .
4) Then add drumstick to the mixture and mix well with the masala.Sprinke little stock over them.Cover with lid and leave in slow flame for 3-4 minutes.Turn off the flame.Masala drumstick is ready.This side dish tastes good with rice.

CAPSICUM CURRY :

This recipe goes to AFAM- Bell Peppers hosted by Priya ,event started by Maheswari.


INGREDIENTS:
Capsicum –3(big)
Onion -1 (big)
Tomato -1 (big)
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Tamarind – Very Small amount
Sambar powder – 1 ½ tsps
Mustard – ½ tsp
Methi seeds – ½ tsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Salt to taste.
Curry and Coriander leaves

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

1) Pressure cook moong dal for 6-7 whistles and leave aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai.Add Mustard,Methi seeds,Urad dal and curry leaves.When it pops out,add chopped onion and fry till transparent.
3) Then add chopped tomato,fry till it gets well mixed with onion.
4) Then add chopped capsicum and mix well to form thick gravy.
5) Add sambar powder,tamarind juice and salt.Wait till the raw smell of powder goes.
6) Finally add dal to the mixture and allow it to boil with little water for 10 minutes.Turn off the flame,add coriander leaves before removing from the flame.

Serve hot with rice.

12 comments :

Priya said...

Wow wat a delish..love anything with capsicum...u have something waiting for u in my blog..pls collect them..http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.com/

Indranee said...

Love the capsicum curry...looks fantastic!

Yasmeen said...

Spicy curries!
A surprise for you in my blog:)

srikars kitchen said...

wow.. looks yummy & delicious...

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Drumsticks are my fav... and Capscium mmm they are perfect lunch spls... Shama I have somethung for you at http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com/2008/11/spicy-vegetable-kurma.html

Malar Gandhi said...

Awesome dude. Looks so yummy!

n33ma said...

Love Drumstick..looks great.
A surprise for you in my blog:)

Divya Vikram said...

Congrats on ur award and masala murungakkai looks spicy n delicious..

Viki Xavier. said...

Lovely murungakkai. I have something waiting for u my dear. Just trail back.

Vibaas said...

Thank u so much Shama. Means a lot to me.

Nithya Praveen said...

I have always used Drumstick only in Sambhars...this is different.Will surely try Shama!

Sharmilee! :) said...

First time here....Nice drumstick recipe!