Lady's finger / Vendakkai - 250 gms
Pearl onions - 5
Big onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Garlic pods - few
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1 . Soak tamarind and set aside for few minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan . Once hot ,add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
3. When it splutters , add chopped onions and saute until it turns translucent.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste , salt, red chilli powder and saute well until the raw smell leaves.
5. Now add the sliced tomato and saute for a minute.
6. Then add the chopped lady's finger and saute well for 2 minutes.
7. Now pour the tamarind water .
8. Cook in slow flame until the lady's finger pieces gets cooked and the water is drained out .
Serve hot with Rice .
Linking it with Vegan Thursday with Priya akka .