2013/08/23

BEETROOT CHUTNEY




INGREDIENTS:

Beetroot -1 big
Onion-1(big)
Red Chillies-3
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Chana dal-1 tsp
Urad dal-1 tsp
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves and Coriander leaves
Salt to taste

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

1) Wash and peel the skin of beetroot.
2) Heat oil in a kadai.Add Mustard seeds,cumin seeds.When it splutters,add urad dal,chana dal,red chillies,curry and coriander leaves.Wait until the dal get gets brown. Add finely chopped onion,fry till golden brown.
3)Add the finely hopped beetroot and fry them till veggie is cooked well.
4)Turn off the flame.Allow to mixture to cool down for 5 mins.
5)Then grind the mixture with salt.Chutney is ready to serve.

Serve hot with dosas or idlis.

12 comments:

KrithisKitchen said...

Yumm.. love it!

Sangeetha Priya said...

healthy n delicious chutney...

Unknown said...

Nice try.......I love betroot......
happy to follow in GFC.would be glad if u follow me back.


x❤x❤
http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

Shobha Kamath said...

What a coincidence! I just made beetroot soup. This beetroot chutney is new to me. It looks very tempting.
Will definitely try it out.

Shobha said...

I must make this .. I love beet root. it has so many health benifits too..

Unknown said...

very very delicious and yummy looking chutney dear :)

Unknown said...

Very healthy raita.

Chitz said...

Tasty & flavorful chutney :)

Amila said...

chutney looks so colourful and flavourful....

Unknown said...

my fav chutney..love to have it with idly

Unknown said...

it's looks very health and testy, I like this food.. I am a foodies so, search many things on net I found two more links are awesome 1st is Ahmedabad Best Restaurants
and 2nd is Find best dishes at restaurants in Ahmedabad, you can also upload your recipe here..

Hope you like it...

Rumana Rawat said...

I'm a big fan of beetroots.. Love to have it with idli..

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)