GINGER PICKLE / INJI THOKKU
Ginger - 200 gms
Tamarind - a small lemon size
Garlic cloves - 1/2 cup
Mustard - 1 tsp
Gingelly oil as per requirement
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsps
Methi powder - 1 tsp (Dry roast methi seeds and make powder)
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Clean ginger and finely chop them .
2) Heat oil in a pan . Once hot , add mustard . When it splutters , add garlic cloves and saute till tender.
3) Then , add ginger to it and saute well .
4) Add all the powders , salt , sugar , asafoetida and tamarind juice.
5) Simmer to slow flame and cover with a lid.Cook till the oil separates and thickens. Store in a dry , clean container . Can use for a week .
Serve with Curd Rice .This goes to Priya's Think Spice : Think Fenugreek seeds event .
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
At this special moment , i am happy to re-announce Fast food event - Noodles for the month of August .I started this event last May ,but cou...
Today,we celebrated my hubby's birthday . The day started with a heavy downpour , weather was too chill ........it was raining ..raining...