This recipe is from my granny's kitchen . Usually , my mom and my 3 aunties will make this curry on Diwali with country chicken/nattu kozhi . All learnt this from their MIL ,my granny . This curry + vadai will be the special combo on diwali for all of us .
Chicken - 500 gms
Onion - 1 chopped
Tomato - 1 chopped
Curry and Coriander leaves
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder / Chicken masala - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
TO GRIND :
Red Chillies - 10
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Ginger - a small piece
Coconut - 6 pieces
Garlic - 6 cloves
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Clean and wash chicken thoroughly with a pinch of turmeric powder .
2) Heat oil in a pressure cooker . Once hot , add onion and tomato and saute till tender and tomato turns skinny.
3) Add salt to it and mix it well .
4) Add chicken to it and cook it leaves some water.
5) Then , add chilli powder , turmeric powder ,grinded masala with little water and stir it well.
6) Cover with the lid and cook for 6 whistles till chicken is well cooked . Remove the lid , cook it in slow flame till the oil separates out . Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice .
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
Happy again to guest host Know your Dairy - Milk of Jagruti . Rules to be followed : 1. Post any vegetarian /non-vegetarian rec...
INGREDIENTS : Red Chillies - 25 gms Coriander seeds - 15 gms Cumin seeds - 10 gms Black Pepper- 10 gms Biriyani Leaf- 3 Cloves ...