I like the Mexican tortilla, as they are similar in appearance and use with south Asian chapatti. The Indian roti is another example, which is made from wheat flour. There are many alternate ways, tortilla can be eaten, as chips, included with beans and cream, sandwiches can be made!
Here is what you need to make mushroom tortilla-
- Flour tortillas - 4
- Mushroom sliced (any kind) - 1 cup
- Green bell pepper chopped lengthwise - 1 cup
- Onion chopped lengthwise - 1 cup
- Garlic minced - 8
- Hot sauce or red chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper corns powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped - to garnish
- Oil or butter - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as required to taste
Yield - 4 serves ; Cooking time - 20 minutes
- Heat oil or butter in a wok.
- Fry onions until translucent and garlic until it releases aroma.
- Add bell peppers, sauce, salt and saute well.
- Add mushroom and allow to cook until they become mushy.
- Add pepper powder, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat an ungreased skillet, place tortilla and turn on either sides until soft.
- Take some mushroom mixture, place over tortilla.
Enjoy hot and spicy mushroom bell pepper tortilla as a burrito by making a roll!