Karevepillai / Curry leaves - 1 bunch
Channa dal - 2 tbsps
Black Urat dal - 1 tbsp
Toor dal - 1 tbsp
Red Chillies - 5- 6 nos
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Finely sliced coconut - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Roast curry leaves with a spoon of oil till the flavour rules out...should not burn it.
2) Transfer it to a bowl , then roast sliced coconut well till the flavour rules out .
3) Transfer this the bowl of curry leaves , fry dal together till roasted and then transfer them too.
4) Finally , roast chillies and grind it with salt and asafoetida a bit coarsely . Store it in an air tight container .
5) Mix it with Gingelly oil / Ghee will serving it with Hot Rice.
Linking it up with Nabintha's Home made Spices event.