For this month Challenge on behalf of South Indian Team , i came up with this authentic Tamilnadu special breakfast recipe , KARUPATTI AAPPAM / PALM JAGGERY AAPPAM . Palm jaggery is good for gastric troubles and aids digestion .
Boiled rice - 1 cup
Raw rice - 1 cup
Urat dal - 1 handful
Karuppatti - 250 gms
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Make thick palm jaggery syrup .
2) Filter it and remove the impurities with a strainer once cooled.
3) Soak rice and dal for only 2 hours and grind it to a very smooth batter.No fermentation needed.
4) Finally , mix palm jaggery syrup with the batter without any lumps.
5) Heat aappam tawa or any non-stick kadai . Pour a small ladle of batter in the centre and then hold its handle with both the hands and rotate the kadai , hence the ladle will spread like a dosa.
6) Spread a spoon of oil over it.
7) Cover with a lid . Cook in slow flame till done .
8) The centre part will be of and edges crispy .Just roll over and serve hot .
Northerm team challenged Southern team with this delicious Khandvi by Hetal. Jagruti's gain popularity event
Link in your Aapam recipe here :