Mango Rice Kheer on a happy moment.....this is my 700 th post...
Cooked Rice - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 litre
Sugar -- 4 tbsps
Sugar candy / Kalkandu - - 1 handful
Elachi - 3
Cashews and Raisins
Blended mango - 1/4 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil milk in a heavy bottomed vessel . Allow it to reduce to 3/4 of it .Allow it cool .Then , make milkshake well with mango,sugar and kalkandu.
2) Heat pan .Pour the mango milkshake to it
3) Add rice slowly and stir it well .Cook in slow flame .
4) Wait till milk thickens.
5) Once done , check for the payasam consistency and taste.
6) Garnish it with ghee fried cashews ,elachi and raisins.
Linking it up with Show you style series -Mango by Viji .
Linking it with Viji's Soul Food Show .