For this month's SNC Challenge ,Hetal Acharya of Gujarati Zaika challenged south team with this tasty yummy khandvi.We loved it..thank you hetal for sharing us this delicious recipe.
Besan flour - 1 cup
Sour curd - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
For Tadka :
Mustard seeds - 1 tspAsafoetida - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Til - 1/2 tp
Curry leaves - few
Green chilly - 1
Red chilly - 1Coriander leaves and Grated coconut - 2 tsps for garnishing.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Mix besan flour,curd,turmeric powder,salt,sugar and water well without lumps to a smooth batter .
3) Heat a non stick pan and pour the batter to it, stir continuously for few minutes on slow flame till it becomes thick and raw smell of the batter leaves.
4) Spread spoon of the batter on a clean plate, wait for few seconds , roll it out ,the batter shouldn't be sticky to the plate . If fine ,then spread the whole batter to the plate and cut it off with a knife and then roll off.
5) Arrange it in a clean another plate .
6) Meanwhilte ,heat oil in a kadai .Once hot ,add mustard seeds, sesame seeds .When it splutters ,add asafoetida,chopped green chilly ,red chilly and curry leaves..
7) Sprinkle the tadka over the rolls .Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Linking it with Viji's Soul Food Show .