Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup
Finely sliced onion - 1 1/2 cup
Paneer - 100 gms
Grated carrot - 1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Cinnamon sticks -2
Biriyani leaves - 2
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 3
Few mint and coriander leaves
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Wash and soak rice in water for 10 minutes.
2) Heat ghee in a pan . Saute whole spices for a minute , followed by adding finely sliced onion till tender.
3) Add ginger-garlic paste , split chillies and grated carrot till half cooked .
4) Meanwhile , cook rice in rice cooker with 1 1/2 cups of water .
5) Once carrot is done , add it with the rice and cook till done.
6) Make paneer cubes and mix with a tsp of turmeric powder, garam masala powder and little salt . Fry paneer cubes for few minutes in a kadai and finally mix it with the rice .
7) Mix carrot mixture and paneer well with the rice. Garnish it with mint and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Raitha .
Linking it with SYS - series event by Viji.