Thank you Priya Ranjit for these yummy selection of cookies for this month's Christmas Challenge .My kids really enjoyed them ....
AMERICAN SNOWMAN COOKIES :
Butter - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 tsp
Almond extract/milk - 1/4 tsp
Maida - 2 cups
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1.In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until thin and fluffy.
2.Beat in water and almond extract.
3.Next beat in the flour and mix well.
4.Take 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the otherand keep them aside.
5.Shape remaining dough into balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly.
6.For each snowman, shape colored dough into a hat and place above head. For scarf, shape twist 2 coloured ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Place a pinch of these coloured dough for eyes.
7.Bake at 180deg.c for 20 minutes or until set. Cool them out .
Recipe Link - http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Snowmen-Butter-Cookies
OLD FASHIONED SUGAR COOKIES :
Eggs - 2
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Maida /Plain flour - 1.5 cups
Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATON :
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs well with vanilla extract.
- In an another bowl, combine and mix well the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix flour into butter mixture . Chill dough for 3 to 4 hours.
- Roll out dough and cut into shapes with cookie cutters or a knife. Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar/cherries/tutti fruity.
- Bake on a pan at 200 deg.c for 15 minutes.Cool completely after done.
Recipe source :http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/old-fashioned-sugar-cookies-recipe2/index.html
Linking it with Home Bakers Challenge