Tried this yummy rajasthani recipe from Manjula's space for PotluckParty by Jagruti.
For dhokli :
Wheat flour-1 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsP
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt To taste
For Dal :
Toor dal-1/2 cup
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
A pinch of Asafeotida
Salt To taste
Onion -1 no (chopped)
- In bowl ,knead wheat flour, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, oil well with sufficient amount of water to make a stiff and smooth dough.
- Divide the dough to small balls , press them like a disc .
- With the help of your thumb make a hole in the center of the disc.
- Spread them in a plate separately.
- Cover them with a cloth to avoid them to dry off.
- Pressure cook the toor dal and chopped tomatoes together for 3 whistles.
- Once done,mash dal well .
- In a pan, heat oil .Add mustard seeds , cumin seeds, curry leaves .
- Once they splutter ,add red chilli powder , turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder .Then add 1/2 cup of water .
- When it starts boiling, add the mashed dal and sufficient amount of water to make the dal thin .
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook for a thin consistency .
For Dal dhokli
- Now add the prepared dhoklis to the boiling dal and cook them in simmer for atleast 15-20 min.
- Cook till the dhokli is well cooked.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Serve with some ghee , lemon juice , chopped onions and coriander leaves chopped.