A very special authentic recipe from kongu cuisine for our dear friend Sangee Vijay on her birthday . She is an awesome sweet blogger .Her food photographs will make us drool for them.Happy and feeling good to have a friend like you . This recipe is for you my dear ...a part of virtual birthday treat to you along with Priya Akka , Priya , Viji , Divya and Pradeepa .
Horse gram / Kollu - 150 gms
Tomato - 2 medium size
Pearl/Sambar onion - 3/4 cup
Tamarind - a small piece
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To grind :
Pepper - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 10
Soaked and boiled horse gram - 2 tbsps
Grated coconut-2 tbsps
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Clean and wash horse gram well .
2) Pressure cook it for 6 whistles with a tsp of oil and turmeric powder.
3) Heat a spoon of oil . Saute pepper , jeera , red chillies and grated coconut for 2 minutes . Allow it to cool down and grind them with little water along with 2 tbsps of horsegram.
4) Again , heat oil in a pan. Once hot , add mustard, jeera , onions and tomatoes and saute till tender .
5) Add , boiled horse gram with grinded masala , tamarind pulp and salt . Bring it boil and remove from flame when it thickens of proper consistency. Garnish it with Coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice .