A yummy spicy chutney with two secret ingredients ,Peanuts and Ginger given by Kalpana for Sshh Secretly Cooking Challenge event by Priya akka.
Ginger - a small lemon size
Peanuts - 2 tbsps
Toor dal - 2 tbsps
Red Chillies - 3
Salt to taste
Coconut pieces - 6
Cabbage / Onion - 1/4 cup sliced
Mustard and Urat dal - 1 tsp each , Curry leaves - few for tadka.
Tomato - 1 small
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat a spoon of oil . Once hot , roast peanuts well till done and keep it aside in a bowl.
2) Then , roast coconut pieces , ginger with red chillies and transfer it to the roast peanuts bowl.
3) Then , roast well the toor dal and add it to the roasted ingredients.
4) Then , saute cabbage and tomato together till done , well cooked for few minutes.
5) Allow them to cool down completely.
6) Finally , blend them in a mixer with very little water and temper it with mustard,urat dal and curry leaves.
Serve with Dosa , Idly or Rice.