This festival is special for various forms of Amman(Godess Durga). Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays of this month are considered very auspicious.For this year's, first aadi velli , a traditional neivaidhyam for amman.
SAKKARAI PAAL PONGAL :
Rice - 1 cup
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Jaggery as your wish --i used 200 gms
Milk-1/2 litreCashews,Badam and elachi --few numbers
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil water in a pot . Once it starts boiling , add rice and dal with little water and milk.
2) Leave in medium flame and cover it with a lid.
3) Meanwhile dissolve jaggery in hot water and filter the impurities .
4) Once the water in rice pot is drained completely , add jaggery syrup and mix them well .
5 ) Add 1 cup of ghee , stir it up. Leave it flame till it thickens .
6) Garnish it with ghee roasted cashews,badam and elachi .