2009/11/24

MUTTON BONE SOUP / EZHUMBU SOUP




INGREDIENTS :

Mutton bone : 200 gms
Tomato -- 1 big
Pearl onions -- 1/4 cup
Garlic --- 5 cloves
Pepper - Jeera powder -- - 6 tsps
Salt to taste
Curry leaves
Turmeric powder -- 3 tsps
Red chillies -- 8

For Masala :

Pearl onions -- 1/4 cup
Garlic --- 5 cloves
Pepper - Jeera powder -- - 6 tsps
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder -- 3 tsps
Red chillies -- 8

METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1) Wash bones and keep aside .
2) Heat 4 tbps of oil in a pressure cooker and once hot , add bones and saute for 3 minutes.
3) Then , smash a tomato to it and add curry leaves .
4) Then add grinded masala to it and a cup of water.Cook for 5-6 whistles .
5) You can serve hot with bones or without bones . You can prepare bone curry with the bones.

This soup goes to Sudeshna's Think Spice : Think Turmeric event ,event started by Sunitha.

Other Recipes for the event are :

AVIYAL
POORI MASALA
MASALA DOSAI

21 comments :

Tina said...

Soup looks delicious...Really refreshing one.....

Akal's Saappadu said...

this is just reminding me my grandma; it has been ages since I had this; my grandma used to do this soup every sunday and serve us before lunch. thank you for posting this recipe, delicious one!!! and I prefer to be served with the bones ofcourse, even now, my teddies and myself have a great debate on who has got more and who has got less bones on the plate, all of us at home like the bone marrow!! :)

Balakrishna Saraswathy said...

Hey honey can u pass me that entire bowl of soup..I'm sick of this climate here..will refresh my body and mind!!!

Nandini said...

Wow! This is my dad's favourite soup! We also make the same soup except that we don't add chili ! Looks spicy, warm and comforting!

Happy cook said...

My sis make this soup for her hubby saying he is too thin :-)
This looks spicy delicous.

Sailaja Damodaran said...

My mom use to make this....very good for bones.Yummy....

Viki's Kitchen said...

Elumbu soup looks kalakkal dear.

Gita said...

Spicy and yummy soup dear :)

Priya said...

Superb dish, my mom used to make this every sunday..brings me loads of beautiful memories..

priya said...

looks so yummy....healthy soup!...mouth watering clicks!

Malar Gandhi said...

I am hungry looking at this picture...miss mutton so much here!!:(

Sarah Naveen said...

Mutton soup looks so yummy...
My brother used to take this a lot , since he was sooo skinny ...[:)]..
Pass me that bowl..ooh..m drooling

Priyameena said...

My favorite..I love this soup...beautifully done!!

Rekha shoban said...

very very healthy one...

Suma Rajesh said...

i dont have mutton but the soup looks soo good

Mrs.Menagasathia said...

soup loks yummy yummy...

Mrs.Menagasathia said...

pls see this link

http://sashiga.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-post_25.html

n33ma said...

Im sure this soup will kill any kind of cold!

Valarmathi said...

Looks very yummy....

my kitchen said...

refreshing one,bookmarked

sangeeta said...

feel like making this soup right now..