2009/06/04

MY MOM'S MOST FAVOURITE MASALA DOSAI

Hai friends ,

Well and wish u all the same . My heartfelt thanks to all of you for visiting my blog during my break too. It's been a month time since i posted my last recipe . Anyhow my laptop is ready now...........

Here comes my mom's favourite dosai....i should have posted it before for my event.Since my laptop was out...i couldn't . So,please forgive me for posting it against the rules . Hope you people will forgive me...only for this time ...............




INGREDIENTS :

D0sa batter
Potato --200 gms
Green chillies - 2
Onion - 1
Tomato -1
Curry and dania leaves
Garam masala powder --1/2 tsp
Chilli powder --1 tsp
Turmeric powder --1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1) Pressure cook potato for 4 whistles . Peel the skin and mash them well .
2) Heat oil . Add mustard,urad dal.When it splutters , add chopped onion ,curry leaves and green chillies .
3) Once it becomes tender , add chopped tomato and wait till forms thick gravy .
4) Add mashed potato and all the powders .Add little water and cook all the raw smell leaves forming a thick masala .Garnish with dania leaves and keep aside .
5) Heat dosa tawa . Spread the batter , once cooked,flip to its side . Once done , stuff masala in the center of dosa ,roll it and serve hot with sambar or chutney .

24 comments :

Padma said...

Yummy Dosa Shama.... good to see you back after a long break... get back in form and post many more lovely recipes :)

Parita said...

hey shama good to see u back..masala dosa is one of my fav too and looks mouth watering

Happy cook said...

Love thos masala dosa, looks so crispy delicous and i love the filling in them.

SAILAJA said...

tempting..

Prathibha said...

Good to c u back gal....
Masala dosa's are my fav,can hv it at any time..:)

Gita said...

For such a lovely masala dosa like that...any excuse can be made dear...looks simply delicious :)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh wow dosa looks yum...Masala dosa is my favourite too....Nice to see you back...

Lena Rashmin Raj said...

so you came after a long gap....
Yummy Dosa Shama....

kittymatti said...

hi dear...nice to c u back!! nice dosai!

Pavithra said...

Good to see you back .. my fav too.Soon post more recipes.

Srilakshmi said...

Glad you're back.. Masala Dosa is one of my favs too! Looks good..

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Glad to see you back Shama, nice to hear that your laptop is up and running so now we can see more of yur recipes yuppie!!! Masal Dosa looks yummy my fave too!!!

Usha said...

Shama the masala dosai looks very inviting !

AnuSriram said...

Dosa looks delicious!

Nithya said...

Love masala dosa too..

You have a cool space here.. Keep it going.. :)

Do take a look at my blog when you find time.

Nithya Praveen said...

Yummy Dosai...good to see you back.Looking forward to wonderful recipes from you...

Superchef said...

heyy...good to see you back!!

i always order masala dosa when we go out to eat at restaurants..somehow its been my fav for ever! :)

Mangala Bhat said...

wow!st time here ...lovely blog !!!! lovely masala Dosa ..recipe. ..hey Thanks for ur comment@ my blog. keep visitng :)

Viki's Kitchen said...

Masal dosa looks delicious.

Uma said...

Yummy masala dosa! Good to c u back!!

Chitra said...

glad to c u back..masala dosa looks great..pass it here:)

Pooja said...

glad to see you back shama..

Pooja said...

Yummy dosas..

Sanghi said...

Yummmy yummmy delight..! My favt dosa!