2010/02/02

KARA KULI PANIYARAM AND A HAPPY AWARD


INGREDIENTS :

Raw rice -- 1 cup
Fully boiled rice-- 1 cup
Methi seeds -- 1 tsp
Urat dal -- 1 handful
Salt to taste

FOR TEMPERING :
Mustard , jeera , urat dal -- 1 tsp each
Green chillies-- 3
Chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
Ginger--a small piece
and
Asafoetida.


METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1 ) Soak both rice and dal with methi seeds for 2 hours .
2) Grind them in a grinder till smooth batter.

3) Mix salt to it before making paniyaram .


4)
Meanwhile , season the batter with mustard , jeera , urat dal , green chillies , chopped curry leaves ,coriander leaves , chopped ginger and asafoetida.

5)
Heat kulipaniyaram pan . Apply oil to all the holes of the pan .

6)
Once hot , pour batter to the holes with a ladle .Cover the pan with a lid .
7) After 3 minutes , flip each paniyaram to the other side . Once done , serve hot with Coconut Chutney .


Viki has passed this cute 'HAPPY AWARD ' .Thank you dear for giving me this award and an opportunity to share things that make me happy .

Here are they :

1) My daughter showers immense happiness to me . Her day to day progress wonders me.......our life's happiness.

2)
I am really happy with my small beautiful family , a caring hubby and a lovely angel .

3) Visiting temples very often gives me happiness.

4) Different tried out recipes with perfection and good comments gives me happiness.

5) Music makes me more energetic and happier.

6) Weekend hangout with my daughter and hubby makes me happier.

7) Gorgeous moon on full moon day gives me happiness .

8) Pleasant warmness during winter gives me happiness .

9) This blog space have given me many kind caring hearts . This gives me happiness .

10)
If i do my daily routine of work without any interuption gives me happiness .

I would like to share this award with all my friends .

Enjoy and have fun.

Cheers
shama nags

30 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats on ur award..Paniyaram looks yummy and delicious..

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Congrats on ur award and yummy paniyarams.

Nandinis food said...

Wah! Super paniyaram! It's really spicy and hot!
Congrats on your award! Nice to read about the things make you happier:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Paniyaram looks yummy!
congrats on the award...

Priya Suresh said...

Just love this paniyaram, looks yummy and congrats on ur awards..

Rachana said...

Congratulations on your award dear...nice to know a little bit abt you.
Paniyaram looks yummy.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

panniyarams looks fluffy and nice.and wish u a lot more of happiness in ur life.enjoy

Unknown said...

long time..I am too tempted to make this soon..

Menaga Sathia said...

congrats on ur award!!paniyaram looks delicious....

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Tasty and yummy kara paniyaram da!!!

Devasena Hariharan said...

I had been long thinking of doing this shama. Going to try it out

Hayley said...

Congrats on your award and yummy dish..

AnuSriram said...

Paniyaram looks yummy.. Congrats on ur award!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Congrats on the award!the paniyaram looks delish!

Trendsetters said...

kuzhi paniyaram is our fav...nice dish
congratulations on the award

Laavanya said...

I use the exact same batter for aapam and paniyaram :) sometimes i just use leftover dosai batter - looks very tempting.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Paniyaram looks very delectable and tempting... Congrats on your award!!!

shahana said...

Paniyaram looks perfect dear

gtyuk said...

they look wonderful with the coconut chtney!!! nice to know something more about you :) congratulations dear!!

Usha said...

Congrats on the award ! The paniyaram looks yum and inviting !

Padma said...

Paniyaram looks yummy. Perfect tiffin with coconut chutney. Congrats on your award.

Anonymous said...

paniyaram is my husbands fav shama..chutneyum super. I loved ur happiness tag..u r such a simple person I guess. god bless ur family

Malar Gandhi said...

Kara paniyaram looks perfect da:)

I also like paruppu sadham from kovai dist' tastee:)

AdukalaVishesham said...

congrats for your award... your kuzhi paniyaram looks yummy... we posted ours last week...

Rekha shoban said...

perfect paniyaram...nice evening
snack

Perspectivemedley said...

Perfect paniyaram:).. I love paniyarams.. so nice!! and congrats on the award:)

Radhika said...

what perfect looking ones and a great click too and very happy for the award. keep going. :)

Lakshmi said...

We love paniyaram too. Looks yumm

Uj said...

Congratulations on your award. Paniyarams or appe as we call them is our fav breakfast item

Anupama said...

Aren't these paniyaarams cute and easy to serve??!!! I like the ginger variation in yours. My paniyaarams don't have ginger in them

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)