ARISI PARUPPU SADAM / DAL RICE :
Rice - -1 cup
Toor Dal -- 1/2 cup
Mustard , Jeera ,Channa dal-- 1 tsp each
Onion - 1
Red Chillies - -3
Curry leaves and Corinader leaves
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook dal and rice with 4 cups of water for 4 whistles . Add a spoon of oil and turmeric powder while cooking them.
2) Meanwhile , heat oil in a pan . Once hot , add mustard and jeera . When it splutters , add chillies and channa dal .
3) Once channa dal is roasted , add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste and saute till tender .
4) Add curry leaves,salt and coriander leaves .
5) Finally,add this to the rice and mix well .
Serve hot with Raitha / any stir fried veggie .Sending this to
1) ANITHA'S APS--RICE EVENT
2) Radika's Healthy Fast Food
3) Sara's CFK : Healthy Breakfast event started by Sharmi .
RED CARROT STIR FRY :
Carrot- 250 g
Pearl Onions - 7-8
Mustard,Urad dal - 1/2 tsp each
Moong dal- 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut -3 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2 nos
Pepper powder -- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Peal the skin of carrot and chop them.Meanwhile soak moong dal in water for 20 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard and urad dal . When it splutters out , add curry leaves , red chillies and chopped onion.Fry till onion is becomes tender.Followed by moong dal.
3) Add chopped carrot and fry for a min . Then add little water and cover with a lid till it is cooked well . Leave in slow flame for 3-4 minutes.
4) Add pepper powder,salt and turmeric powder and mix well with the carrot.
5) Finally ,add grated coconut and fry till the coconut flavour rules out . Turn off the flame.
Serve hot with rice.
Sending this carrot fry to JAYA'S REPOST EVENT . This fry is similar to my previous post Spicy carrot .