All purpose flour/Maida – 1 ½ Cup
Baking powder – ½ Tsp
Salt – A pinch
Unsalted butter – 4 tbsps
Sugar – 8 tbsps
Pineapple essence essence – 1 tsp
Crushed fresh pineapple mix – 3 tbsps (crushing pineapple with 1 tsp of milk )
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar well.
- Add the pineapple essence and crushed pineapple to the it and combine them well with the butter mixture using a whisk.
- Mix in the flour mixture with the butter mixture gently to form dough. The dough should be soft and little sticky .
- Cover the dough with plastic cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C.
- Take out the refrigerated dough and make small balls with it. . Flatten the balls to make cookies with a thumb impression in the middle of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely.Then, fill jam in the thumbprints of the cookies.